- 1 small butternut squash-peeled and cut into ½ inch cubed
- 2 small zucchinis or small summer squashcut in half moons or cubed in ½ inch cubes (I used summer squash)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar , agave syrup or real maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons of virgin extra olive oil divided
- Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons of golden raisins
- 1 medium onion , peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 cup of San Marzano whole plum tomatoes , drained and cut into small pieces
- 3 Medium celery stalks cut into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 12 green olives , preferably Cerignola pitted and chopped.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl toss the butternut squash in ½ the olive oil and sugar and place in on acookie sheet and place in the oven until thebutternut squash is golden , If you cubed the zucchini you can add that half way through and roast until slightly soft and doesn’t loseit’s shape. If you cut half moons use it raw.
- In a small bowl put the raisins and vinegar and let it soak
- Heat a medium skillet and add the remaining olive oil sauté the onions and garlic add salt and cook until translucent 2-3 minutes
- Cool the squash and onions then take all of the other ingredients and mix together in a large bowl and refrigerate.
It can be serve immediately or allow it to marinate in the refrigerator.