This cake is a one bowl cake, it is so easy and delicious. Even better the next day. I call it the Little Black Dress cake because you can dress it up or down. Use chocolate dipped strawberries and whipped cream or just some beautiful berries. A scoop of ice cream is delicious also.
This cake is my Mother in Law, Norma’s, recipe. She is one of the best bakers I know.
- 8 oz can Hershey’s syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into greased and floured 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto serving plate or rack to complete cooling.