Black Bottom Cupcakes – The BEST!!!
These are the richest moist delicious cupcakes. They are chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate chip cheesecake filling. They are even better the next day and can be frozen. Make 12 cupcakes.
- 1- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/3 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl blend together the dry ingredients then mix the last four wet ingredients into the bowl
- Fill each lined muffin tin 1/3 full with this batter
- In a mixer cream together cream cheese, sugar & egg ( all but the 2 Tablespoons of sugar) and salt
- Fold in the chocolate chips gently
- Drop a tablespoon full of the cream cheese filling in the middle of each muffin tin with the cake batter
- Sprinkle each cupcake with the 2 tablespoons of white sugar on top
- Bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Check to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick in the cupcakes and if they come out clean and the tops are firm it is done.