I made these for a dinner party when my sister came to visit and it was a major hit. Enjoy!
- ½ pound thin-cut bacon, minced ( I use nitrite free bacon or you can use turkey bacon)
- 1 pound ground pork butt or ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 4 stalks lemongrass, cut into twelve 4 inch sticks
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping – purchase in a bottle at an Asian grocery store
- Soak lemon grass in water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a cookie sheet
- Lightly mix the bacon, ground pork, garlic, cilantro, ginger, sugar and soy sauce in a large bowl and
season with salt and pepper
- With dampened hands form the meat mixture into 12 meatballs then mold each one around a lemon
grass stick to shape it like a sausage, leave a good long end for the handle.
- Put the pops on a foil lined broiler pan and broil until golden brown – approximately 3- 4 minutes per
- Serve with sweet chili sauce.